Miri was born in Argentina in 1964 and moved to Israel when she was 15 years old. She is married with2 children and resides in Rehovot, Israel.
Painting is her most profound passion. Inspiration comes from anywhere, an observation in the street, a scene from television, or the thought of a colour, shape, or place. Miri considers the process of making an abstract painting and adventurous journey. It starts with a few random strokes, and slowly develops, layer by layer until she feels she has conveyed the story to the canvas. When creating figurative paintings, Miri likes to combine the figure with abstract elements to add a dynamic dimension to an otherwise realistic scene. She paints with acrylic using brushes, spatula and sponges, and occasionally with oil, incorporating cold vax medium to the oil paint.
She earned a BA degree in biophysical chemistry and worked for Intel for 27 years. In parallel to her high-tech work, Miri kept on developing her painting skills, attending drawing classes and painting workshops in her free time. In 2015, she decided to leave Intel to fully concentrate on her painting career. Her artworks are displayed for sale in several Israeli galleries and on-line platforms. Miri has participated in several group exhibitions and hosted a solo exhibition. She is available for commission upon request.
- Solo exhibition at the Hedera Ramada hotel in Israel, 2018
- Window exhibition at the Design at the Under1000 gallery in Israel on 2018.
- Digital Exhibition for the 2020 Israeli Independence day celebration
- Group exhibition “real artist paint blue” on 15/6/2020 at the Russian culture center in Israel
- Group exhibition “Love & Touch” at Ramat Aviv open space, July 2020
- Future publication in the Capsule Book Curatorial Volume.3, Leaders in Contemporary Art, July 2021.
- BA in Biophysical Chemistry in Ben Gurion University
- Basic drawing class at the beit-ahomanim (artist house) in Tel Aviv
- Attended realistic oil painting workshops given by several artists